"I am honoured to give my Patronage to the Malta Businesswoman of the Year Award. I have always maintained that, and worked towards, a society that gives full access to women in all spheres, not least the economic and business ones. In spite of the remarkable progress made, the full potential of female entrepreneurship in Malta has yet to realised. I am pleased that Awards such as this, give very positive signals and encouragement to overcome obstacles such as lack of financing, limited access to social and human capital, and resilient socio-cultural expectations and norms.
We need not look too far and high for successful models around us – one can find them where least expected. All along my political and professional career, life taught me that even in the traditional household, women – as wives and mothers – are experienced and seasoned business actors, often guided by wisdom and a keen sense of priority.
I conclude by commending HSBC for taking this initiative, and for championing equality and excellence in one and the same occasion."
- Nominations can be submitted for female entrepreneurs or members of an organisation’s senior management team from all industries in the private sector.
- Colleagues, clients, family and friends can send in nominations or candidates can nominate themselves.
- There is no charge to nominate and you can enter as many categories as you wish.
- Information provided should be relevant to the candidate’s/company’s activities in the previous 18 months from point of nomination.
- Nominations should ideally include details of company revenues where specified (although this is not mandatory at the application stage).
- For purpose of these criteria, applicants for the ‘Young Businesswoman of the Year Award’ must be aged 35 years or under on 31st December 2019 to enter this category.
- Only nominations from the private sector will be accepted.
- Businesses must operate in Malta, and subsidiaries of foreign companies based in Malta are eligible to apply.
- Previous winners of the award can be nominated again only after a minimum period of three years has elapsed.
- The judges will decide the winners based on the written confirmations of the submissions, so try to include as much information as possible, providing meaningful figures/statistics to support points.
- Nominations close at noon on Wednesday, 1st April 2020.
- The winners will be announced exclusively at the Malta Businesswoman of the Year 2019 Awards ceremony on 13th June 2020.
Application/Nomination Form – for Companies With Up to 50 Employees
Application/Nomination Form – for Companies With More Than 50 Employees
How do I enter?
Entries for 2020 are open as from Tuesday 25th February 2020. Entries are online.
Closing date for the entries is noon on Wednesday, 1st April 2020.
We do not charge an entry fee. The finalists and winners are chosen by a panel of business experts based on the information supplied in the application form, and upon verification of the details provided.
Do I have to provide financial information?
Ideally yes, although this is not mandatory at the application stage. However, the more information we have about your business the more enabled the judges will be to take a final decision. It is also important to answer all the questions as factually as possible. All information will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
I am not a big business – are these awards for me?
Yes, most certainly. Our awards for businesswomen focus on individuals who have accomplished amazing achievements for themselves, their business and their clients. These awards are about women in business who have made a difference.
Who judges the awards?
A panel of business experts from various entrepreneurial backgrounds.
When will the awards ceremony be held?
The awards ceremony will take place on 13th June 2020, during which local media will be present. The winners will be announced on the night.
What is the award?
The award will be a certificate and a trophy, which will be presented to the winners by dignitaries during the awards ceremony.
What happens after the awards ceremony?
The awards ceremony will be followed by a networking reception.
If you have any more questions about our awards for businesswomen, do feel free to contact us on email@example.com.